Please register/login to see more of the forums and also to be able to become able to post topics and reply's Smile

Please vote
http://runelocus.com/toplist/?action=vote&id=236

Welcome to Xeonix RuneScape Private Server. Unlike other servers we offer CHALLENGE - for those who want be able to enjoy all the drops and devote theirselves to both PKing and skilling.

-Thanks
Max/Prayer
Please register/login to see more of the forums and also to be able to become able to post topics and reply's Smile

Please vote
http://runelocus.com/toplist/?action=vote&id=236

Welcome to Xeonix RuneScape Private Server. Unlike other servers we offer CHALLENGE - for those who want be able to enjoy all the drops and devote theirselves to both PKing and skilling.

-Thanks
Max/Prayer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  VOTE  Log in  

Guide To Posting Good Guides!

Go down 
+2
dsmith
Zanzetsou Clough
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanzetsou Clough
Zanzetsou Clough

Guide To Posting Good Guides! Empty
PostSubject: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:30 pm

I have read many, many... many... poor posts recently, so i have decided to write a guide on:

How to post good guides!

Your probably thinking, "What is wrong with my last guide?", or "What is he on about??"..

Well, some people need to understand that a good guide takes longer than 2 minutes to write..
I will outline some VERY important features that you should add to your guides.

1) Correct spelling is a MUST.. no one wants to read "kk got othe saila nd takl to hm th3n d0 wat he saiz th3n go bak t0 hm and t4k tio h magian"
this is a major annoyance.. The odd spelling mistake is fine, but this is meant to be a guide.. You aren't on the game anymore, so use correct punctuation and grammar..

2) Make a guide visually appealing.. Use different coloured fonts for headings, add screenshots.

3) Space out your guide!.. Your whole guide does not need to be on one line.. makeing it step by step makes it much easier to read and to understand.

4) Use good grammar! I can't stress that enough....

5) Before you post, add tags to your post.. When you are typing the "tags" box is right bellow the main typing window. This helps people who are searching for your guide/post.

6)Proof read your guide before posting!.. There may be something you forgot to add, a spelling error, something that doesn't make sense..

I will be updating this, so if you believe I need to add something to this, please post a reply.

All constructive criticism is welcome
Back to top Go down
dsmith
Famous-Pro
Famous-Pro
dsmith

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:50 am

2) Make a guide visually appealing.. Use different coloured fonts for headings, add screenshots.

5) Before you post, add tags to your post.. When you are typing the "tags" box is right bellow the main typing window. This helps people who are searching for your guide/post.

You did neither of these things in your guide
Back to top Go down
Partypete
Partypete

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:35 am

aah nice guide some of the things helped me
Back to top Go down
stef
Admin
Admin
stef

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 am

svensken og dansken klikker helt jo
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Zanzetsou Clough
Zanzetsou Clough

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:27 pm

dsmith wrote:

You did neither of these things in your guide

Rofl I know. I just threw this guide together in like 5 minutes mate. I'll fix that though when I get the time.
Back to top Go down
dsmith
Famous-Pro
Famous-Pro
dsmith

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:48 pm

stef wrote:
svensken og dansken klikker helt jo

nästa gång att inte använda Google Translator
Back to top Go down
stef
Admin
Admin
stef

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 pm

lær deg norsk da din dumme bærsj vi er nesten naboer og du skjønner ikke hva jeg sier? whakakaka
Back to top Go down
dsmith
Famous-Pro
Famous-Pro
dsmith

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:20 pm

stef wrote:
lær deg norsk da din dumme bærsj vi er nesten naboer og du skjønner ikke hva jeg sier? whakakaka

vi kan vara grannar, men jag har aldrig fått lära sig norska och inte talar mycket av det
Back to top Go down
Zanzetsou Clough
Zanzetsou Clough

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 pm

dsmith wrote:
stef wrote:

vi kan vara grannar, men jag har aldrig fått lära sig norska och inte talar mycket av det

Omg speaking a language I don't know..... Not very nice....
Back to top Go down
overkil
Trusted Player
Trusted Player
overkil

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:31 pm

The guide to posting a guide is a waste of time, the average person doesn't give a shit about color or anything if it isn't FREE MONEY MAKING WAYS! or EASY GUIDE TO THIS AND THAT....! then most people don't even care about it.
Back to top Go down
flexo
Noob
Noob
flexo

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:03 am

Pretty good...I would add a few things though.

7) Some new people, or people just not that familiar with the subject of the guide, might not understand everything, so try to be really detailed about how to teleport to other places, who to talk to, and other things you can think of.

Cool Try to put as much information as possible into it. For example, if your making a guide to a skill, put in neatly made statistic tables such as how long it it takes to get to the desired level while using one method, cheaper ways to train it for the poorer people, what they will get from training the skill, if its expensive, if its a good way to make money, if you can use somthing you get from this skill on another skill so you dont waste money, etc.

9) At the end of the guide, put somthing along the lines of... "If you still have any trouble, feel free to post here or message me in game and I will help." Doing so makes people who don't understand the guide feel better that you would take the time out of your life to help them out with their troubles.
Back to top Go down
stef
Admin
Admin
stef

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:38 am

Zanzetsou Clough wrote:
dsmith wrote:
stef wrote:

Fuck off
Back to top Go down
dsmith
Famous-Pro
Famous-Pro
dsmith

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 am

stef wrote:
Zanzetsou Clough wrote:
dsmith wrote:
stef wrote:

Fuck off

ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Posting Good Guides!   Guide To Posting Good Guides! Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide To Posting Good Guides!
Page 1 of 1