Please register/login to see more of the forums and also to be able to become able to post topics and reply's Smile

Please vote
http://runelocus.com/toplist/?action=vote&id=236

Welcome to Xeonix RuneScape Private Server. Unlike other servers we offer CHALLENGE - for those who want be able to enjoy all the drops and devote theirselves to both PKing and skilling.

-Thanks
Max/Prayer
Please register/login to see more of the forums and also to be able to become able to post topics and reply's Smile

Please vote
http://runelocus.com/toplist/?action=vote&id=236

Welcome to Xeonix RuneScape Private Server. Unlike other servers we offer CHALLENGE - for those who want be able to enjoy all the drops and devote theirselves to both PKing and skilling.

-Thanks
Max/Prayer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  VOTE  Log in  

Quitting. What else to say..?

Go down 
+7
I_Hamish_I
THE OGK
xxkillerxx
k03dbym3
Kentoss
i prayer i
Max
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Max
Owner
Owner
Max

Quitting. What else to say..? Empty
PostSubject: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Yes, I am quitting xeonix. I am jaded with noob-style game-play that is always performed by 90% of players. I will quit 'patrolling' the server looking for bugs, resetting the defence/attack/summon levels you trained by accident, dealing with buggers, scammers; updating anything and etc.... The server will be online and I won't shut it down - do not worry.

My aspiration was creating a fully working server with real economics; flourishing PK, well-supplied by all the skilling options; real PvM trips that could take out any boss out there. I 'perfected' out PvP, PvM tactics and organized 'communication' between different branches of xeonix activities.
However I wanted to people value gold pieces as it used to be in real runescape in before 2006/2007. Why would I want it? PK has become absolutely deranged on real rs and most private servers - no matter how many times you die in welfare gear - you can't ever become poor. Moneymaking ways simply overweigh the item loss - to actually clean your bank you usually have to use immoderate gear which includes the top items of the game. As an example, rune and mystic kills, are not worth anything on real rs/most priv servers. What's the point to PK when you know what you win actually costs nothing and every noob can get the same within 30-40 minutes?

I expected that challenge, all the advantages Xeonix Pk, PvM and skilling had over 95% of servers would attract many players who are actually interested in old-school pking.

But what do I see on xeonix? The only attributes of the server are depleted players who don't ever risk anything ( pk is all about getting lured by zz, 8 and xlogging for your 200k gear OR counter-lures where 2_arrows kills zz for 200k ).
Many players are just stuck up in 'hill giants playground' without any noticable growth in wealth, experience and levels.
Some could boast by having 5mil and being a maxed out player? But has anyone of you beat Devious Minds quest or doesn't quit/ get depressed/ cleaned after dying in wild once? Do you actually make excessive GWD attempts hoping to get a piece of the godsword?
How can you describe the economics of the server? My only description is - fully working in face of 1-2 players and 'fully' working that EXCLUDES EVERYTHING but selling pickaxes to general store, getting fire giant drops and training hunter skill.

Purely combat server where players' goal is only getting maxed on low-leveled npcs and giving up when melee is maxed wasn't my intention. Estimately 5-10% of xeonix features are used...

I've asked myself - how comes that server seems to be awesome to myself but approximately 65% of people who login quit in 1-30 minutes and 70% of the rest quit when they hit combat 95?
The key mistake had been made before I even started working on the server code - I designed the server as if I had been the player. I did not take into account the fact that most private server players are failed scapers who only go on privs to jizz over the items they couldn't ever wield on RuneScape. I see behemothic lack of runescape-ing skills. My mistake is really simple - hammered out for the group of customers that DOES NOT EXIST. Yes, no matter how good server could be [ no, I do not say xeonix is just perfect - sloppy code, very unstable and etc ] - it will never succeed if you design it for those who want REAL CHALLENGE and REAL PK.
Please do not suggest to make it easier and etc... No, what I wanted was a complex. I will not make it easier - I do not wish to see idiots in ahrims who cry over farcast as they do not even realize how much skills it takes to switch the hybriding equipment comparing to the switch of melee weps; mindless 11 years olds getting absolutely lucky pk by high ags spec and yelling they are so pro and etc....

The last players who were on xeonix since beta and gave me tonns of bright ideas are quitting too - Bob ( 8, 7) , yo, 2_arrows, probably you_blow and booo0

I hope that I didn't offend anyone by this.. If I did - take my apologies for it. I am just knocked over by what I see instead of what I had expected to.
I will visit forums occasionally.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
i prayer i
Web Developer
Web Developer

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Wow Max you have done such a great job on the server and put your life into making it better. I thought i deserved Moderator position for making a simple forum. I agree people just come here and don't even read what the server is about and the challenges and quit within 1-30 minutes as you said. I just wish that you could stay I wanted can say I played with the best owner on the best server. I like that the server has challenges and is really hard to get a 80+ skill (except melee/range). Im very glad i did what i can to help you on the server/forums even though I bugged you a lot cause i wanted your respect/ to be your friend. Well I hate to see you leave I don't know what else to say except the server is going to be less fun without you. I might write some more later ,but i really got to think I am not saying that you need to stay but it would be nice if you could and I could help you with whatever you need. Sad Sad

-i prayer i- king
Back to top Go down
http://xeonix.roflforum.net
Kentoss
Kentoss

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 pm

wow Shocked =[

that is shit Sad i will keep playing server though and try to fill out my goals
Back to top Go down
k03dbym3
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: omg   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:12 am

omg did booo0 quit too Sad

and now you leave too while we yesterday did armadyl and you were fixing the monsters Sad

it's sad to see you leave :'(
Back to top Go down
xxkillerxx
Noob
Noob
xxkillerxx

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:59 am

i gess u made a good job and yes sometime players come to server bcuz they wanan get items they cant on runescape..and in ur server that not happen and they quit....ur server is good alot good btw..and is kinda a "rs" but from another owner"you" i dint talked with you anytime so i cany be "Crying or Very sad"like ur friend are but yes i be sad bcuz a gr8 coder like i checked leaving...in my pinian is better a sever with 10-20 good players then a 100 shit players..and i can said im talking but i dont play like 2 hours lol i start playing 1 week ago ur more i really idk but the things i saw the server is good and you ont have to be sad bcuz of players you dont have too you gived ur best...if they dont like...sai to em create a server and code ir..atm i can do it then i gess i can talk about coding and i said ur server is good coding and pvp good too and all bosses ur server is a totaly runescape"coded difrent ways" and ppl who play server is for do what they cant do in real rs...if u check 80% players who play servers still rs and they arent a "beasts" there like hight lvls......i wish u can stay and enjoy the players you have and all that not quitting but that is my opininan....atm i dont quitted rs..but i dont counted member days..lol and now i got 400 things on bank and i cant move anythings that why im not playing alo..but now i want play this 1 then i will not be member again rs soon Razz lol

i hope i said all good with no miss(about expression)but i hope you back Smile

xxkillerxx
Back to top Go down
THE OGK

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:37 pm

well i already have a higher account in runescape with more money then my account on this server. my main is level 98 in runescape only got 2.6m now but iv had well over 10m at times. so i join private servers not to wield stuff i never could but to pk and experience runescape still. this server is perfect for that. i think you should have given it a little bit more time but its your choice.
Back to top Go down
I_Hamish_I
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:56 pm

I'm going to revive this topic in hope that you read my comments. This server still has the potential to be a successful community, and rather than giving up on it so soon, you should be relentless in your administration. Perhaps with a better Wiki, and more contributing individuals within these forums, we could get somewhere.

Hamish
Back to top Go down
zz
Noob
Noob
zz

PostSubject: well max quiting   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:12 am

Well max quitted boohoooo so sad you all gays gona miss him so much ???
Back to top Go down
http://www.xxx.com
i_austin_i
Noob
Noob
i_austin_i

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:24 am

I've only been playing this server for two weeks, over that period of time I've made great friends. XeonixScape is truly original. I have never found a private server this well coded, and has such a great economy. Every skill works which is great because I myself have never gotten bored on Xeonix. This server is great for people who love Rune Scape and love a good challenge. Great job Xeonix Staff and especially Max for making such a kick ass server!
Back to top Go down
deadagger
deadagger

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:58 pm

you know, i never personaly knew max, so i dont know if his quiting is quite so sad, but i do know that xeonix is a great server, many glitches and bugs, but it's practicaly runescape, but 1 step up, just slightly easier, not enough to become boring in 2 days, the economy is great because (and im glad) the difficulty at the beggining weeds out thoes who arent willing to actusly try, i know when i first started this server, i almost quite, i didnt know what to do, but, im glad i didnt, i guess i thought it had to get easier, funner, and it does! and i havent even gotten to gw yet! i love working on slayer, love how the moderators arent all overpowered (that pisses me off in other servers) i havent done construction yet, but i heard its great, and even tho i lost 230k to a glitch, (for some reason the game deleted my items) but i stuck it out, and plan on doing so until some hacker makes the economy go to crap, which hopefuly wont happen for months to come.
thats all i have to say now, hope it puts some perspective to ppl.

~deadagger~ Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
booo0
Trusted Player
Trusted Player
booo0

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 am

deaddagger rly just shut up ? and stop posting on dead topics.
Back to top Go down
deadagger
deadagger

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 pm

haha, jealous, i c ur makin it a habit now of flaming every one of my posts, like i did to you, and this whole game of tag is realy entertaining, thank you for that, and you cant say that i am making useless posts, what of your last post? oooooooo real useful!!
Back to top Go down
Max
Owner
Owner
Max

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 pm

You do not fucking spam here. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quitting. What else to say..?   Quitting. What else to say..? Empty

Back to top Go down

Quitting. What else to say..?
Page 1 of 1